Clean teeth are a sign of good oral health and are also associated with confidence. While having white teeth is not the only indicator of having clean teeth, yellow teeth may actually indicate poor dental hygiene or thin enamel.
Let us teach you today how to properly clean your teeth for best dental health.
Here are some brushing etiquettes that you need to know about.
– This is the most common way to keep your teeth clean. People brush every day in order to prevent the accumulation of plaque on the teeth. Keep your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and gently brush in a circular motion.
– It is ideal to brush for at least two minutes in order to get rid of all the bacteria plaque. Using fluoride toothpaste is an effective way to strengthen the enamel.
– Electric toothbrushes are now widely used, and their cleaning ability is superior to that of manual toothbrushes.
Toothbrushes should be changed at least once every 3 months.
– Brush at least twice a day, preferably once when you get up in the morning, and the second time before you go to bed at night.
– In case you do not have a toothbrush with you, you can wrap a washcloth or tissue around your index finger and use it as a brush. Also, twigs from Neem and Oak trees can serve as excellent brushes.
Not many people floss, but along with brushing, flossing is one of the most effective ways to keep out all the minute food particles from your mouth.
Dentists feel flossing is essential to clean those parts of the teeth where a toothbrush cannot easily reach.
In order to clean dentures, a denture cleaner is generally used.
Professional Teeth Cleaning:
Visit the dentist regularly and clean your teeth if you want the best results. Often, mineralized plaque (tartar) may remain on your teeth in spite of proper brushing. In this case, the dentist will help you clean your teeth with the aid of various instruments that remove these deposits.
It is recommended to have professional teeth cleaning done every 6 months in order for it to be the most effective.
If there is a danger of having gum diseases, deep cleaning of teeth by a dentist is recommended. Deep cleaning involves removing the tartar from below teeth below the gum line area as well as cleaning at the root level to remove plaque that may have deposited beneath the surface. Cleaning at the root level is known as root planning.
Ensure Proper Food Eating Habit
Avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking too much tea and coffee. These may stain your teeth and cause them to turn yellow. If possible, always brush after eating something. Also, remember to drink plenty of water.
Thus with a little care, we can ensure that our teeth are clean and healthy. Let your teeth encourage you to smile more with confidence!